You may not have noticed all of your symptoms because you are sleeping. For this reason, many people will go for years – sometimes decades – without seeing a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. If you have a concern about these symptoms, please feel free to ask reception for a complimentary check up and assessment.
- Do you feel sleepy or fall asleep throughout the day, even after you have had a full night’s sleep?
- When you wake up, do you have a headache or feel groggy?
- Do you wake up feeling dehydrated, experience dry mouth or a sore throat?
- Do you have trouble swallowing, changes in voice, weakness, tingling, or numbness?
- Do you have trouble remembering or concentrating at work or at school?
- Do you frequently have an unexplained irritability?
- Do you have trouble throughout the day while watching television, working, or focusing on projects?
- Does your partner complain that you are snoring very loudly or gasping for air every so often?
- Do you wake up intermittently through the night because you are having trouble catching your breath?
- Do you go to the toilet several times during the night
Studies have shown that oral dental appliances are an effective, safe and simple treatment options for suffers of mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. These oral devices are discrete and fit snugly into your mouth. They do not require a mask, nor a machine and have been proven as an effective treatment option for mild to moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) sufferers. They can also be considered as an option, in consultation with your sleep specialist if you have more severe sleep apnea but are unable to tolerate CPAP.
If untreated the complications from Sleep Apnoea include, daytime sleepiness, cardiovascular problems and eye problems. But the patient may not be the only one suffering the consequences, often bed partners are also sleep deprived.
Before deciding how to treat your sleeping issues, it is important you consult a sleep specialist to understand the cause. Not all sleeping problems are the same. Sleep apnea affects many people and is often undiagnosed.
Benefits of Clovelly Dental oral dental devices:
- Custom made and comfortable
- Improved sleep quality
- Permits full range of mouth opening and closing
- Minimises disruption to normal oral functions such as speech, drinking and yawning
- Easily adjustable
- Non-invasive treatment
- Durable and easy to clean
- Easy to travel with
Please call or book online for your complimentary consultation.